December 20th
Cookie Party
The first family I nannied for had their first annual cookie exchange party tonight. Kathy asked everyone to bring 3 dozen of any treat. Cookies, bread, tarts, peanut brittle, cupcakes, anything!
The goal was for everyone to exchange 2 dozen cookie and leave the third for a women and children's shelter.
I've known about this party for a week,
but I still waited until the last minute to decide what to do.
The party started at 5:00.
At 3:00 I was still 30 minutes away from home and hadn't made anything.
I got peanut butter cookie dough and some hershey kisses at the grocery store and headed home.
And because I was such a slacker
I ended up having to put the cookies in the refrigerator so they would cool off more quickly.
Not my best work, but it worked.
I left with these...
and came home with these...
I thought this was such a fun idea.
I will probably be copying the idea next year!




No comments:
Post a Comment