Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mothers Day

My first mothers day was perfect. 
Chris knows how hard Mothers Day has been for me the past 5 years 
and was so sweet to make the day special.

I spent the morning in bed.
Chris got up with Cam so I could sleep a little longer and made me a wonderful breakfast.
We spent the afternoon in Collinsville.
Lunch was made by Chris and Deter.... and it was delicious!
All the Mommas
I couldn't wait to get back home and just spend time with my little guy.
I really wanted to take a nap with Campbell but he wasn't having it.
We read all my favorite "mommy books" instead.
(Llama Llama Red Pajama, My Mommy & Me, and Love You Forever)
Later we made a quick run to Cherry Berry.

Perfect Day.
I was overwhelmed with joy may times.
For the past 5 years I have pretty much despised Mothers Day.
It's a hard day to handle when all you want to be is a mom.
No matter how hard I prayed, and hoped it just wouldn't happen.
It's frustrating to not be in control of something you want so desperately.

I am not sure why we struggle with infertility...
I probably never will.
Im still pretty bitter about it actually.

I understand now that the timing was perfect.
Anyone that tried to tell me that before would have gotten their head chewed off :)
I know Chris and I will benefit from the extra time we had together as just two.
{There is nothing more attractive than watching Chris be a dad...
The best dad!}

We are so so thankful to have Campbell here and can't wait to add to our little family.
Hopefully now that my doctor kind of has everything figured out,
it will go smoothly once we are ready to try again.

***
Check out this super cute mustache necklace Mary Ann gave me :)
Even the packaging is super cute!

No comments: