Monday, September 1, 2014

Dear Emerson-

Tonight I watched you fall asleep. 
We held hands & I tickled your head until you pushed me away & flipped over to stink bug. 
I promised myself to spend more time watching you & your brother & less time being busy & distracted. 

So then naturally I started to cry. 
(You’ll understand why I do this so much someday when you are a dad.)
I was thinking about your life. 
Your itty bitty 2 year old life. 
2 years… is that it?
How can it only have been 2 years ago when you rocked our world in the best way?!
I thought about you when you were born & what you were like this time last year. 
I thought about what you will be like as a big brother some day & a big boy going to school. 
And then I had to stop. 
I was on the verge of turning into a blubbering mess. 
You are feisty & sweet.
A hugger & kisser.
A cuddler.

You L O V E to pester your brother just to get a reaction.  
You are rowdy & loud.
A hitter & thrower. 
A climber & hider.
A dirt, sand & rock eater. 

You sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star & Jesus Loves me softly throughout each day.
You pat your baby doll when she is crying & race her around the house in the stroller. 
You are loving to play pretend… especially as a dog. A very whiny, yappy dog. 
You love Bubble Guppies, Brown Bear Brown Bear & Frozen.
You also love cars, balls & superheros. 
You are a boys, boy.
... with a sensitive side I hope you never lose. 

And holy cow, you are T W O ! ? !

1 comment:

nan said...

I love the blog on Emerson and the rest of it also. Happy Birthday little fellow. Nan loves you very much. You have a wonderful dad and mom and big brother. God bless you and family. Come see nan in Okla.