Saturday, May 16, 2009

Phoenix

This post is mostly for journal purposes... I'm sure most of you (unless you were there) will find it quite boring... sorry!

As I have mentioned before my sister Mackenzie was recently named the newest partner of her CPA firm. Luckily she was able to have her party while Chris and I were in town. I figured out what weekend would work for us... and invited everyone else to join :) Everyone but Vince and my dad were able to make it, and we all had a great time!

I also met the much anticipated Jon for the first time... he passed with flying colors :)

Chris and I got in Friday afternoon. Tyler met us at the airport and we headed to the Bolli house to celebrate Tyler turning 41-3.

Saturday we were able to make it to Layne and Chayce's ball games. They were both so much fun to watch!


Misty and Joe flew in that afternoon and we headed straight for shopping of coarse. While we were gone the boys picked up Macky's congratulatory gift, and assembled most of it just in time.



She had her party at a Greek restaurant. SO much fun! Wade even made a surprise appearance after he had led us all to believe he wouldn't be able to make it until Monday night. Mom and Miles were late arrivers, but still there in plenty of time to partake in the action.


Chayce was so embarrassed by the belly dancer.
She kept dancing in his face and his reaction was hilarious.


We ate great food, danced like dorks, and spent good quality time together.

Congratulations again Mackenzie! You are so deserving!

Sunday-- Mothers Day, we ventured to Brooke's ward to be with mom on her special day, then back to the Bolli's house for the feast. All the boys did (most of) the prep, cooking, and cleaning. And what a mighty fine meal it was!

hard at work


It was a nice, relaxing day!

Monday was filled with pedicures (from the boys), lunch, shopping and a dbacks game. Before the game we went to eat at Alice Coopers Town. They are famous for their big unit hot dog. Pretty delicious.


big enough for two

Wade got in late that night with Colton and Collby. CJ and Wendy weren't able to make it. CJ hit his first home run at his game just before Wade left!

Tuesday was a lazy day. Mostly filled with Guitar Hero competitions, lounging around, and the best BBQ (on the new grill). If only Wade could be my personal Chef?!

Chayce had another game Tuesday evening. For all you Twilight dorks I want it to be know that I sat 3 feet away from Stephanie Meyers! Her son is on my nephews team.

Miles... not getting sunburned. It was HOT!


We headed for the airport early Wednesday morning... back to the real world of none stop rain and work. I am so thankful for the time I get to spend with my family. It is all the better when we are all together! Hopefully we can get everyone together soon.

I'm ready to not live so far away!

No comments: