Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Letters to Santa

My niece Tara, asked us all to help her class raise money for the Make-A-Wish foundation 
by writing letters to Santa.
A dollar is earned for every letter that is written. 
I enlisted, Chris and the boys I watch everyday to help. 
Chris was excited because this would be his first time to ever write Santa a letter :)

You can find more info here
and here on ways you can help

Chris felt like he needed to make up for lost time.
here is a copy of his letter to Santa...

Dear Santa,

Its taken me twenty seven years to write you this letter, due to the fact that I had been led to believe you were not real. I'm sure you can imagine how utterly shocked I was to find out the truth of your existence, and how I leaped at the opportunity to send you my very first wish list. So to make up for lost time, I have decided I will list a gift for every year I missed. Assuming I would have begun making a list at age three, I'll start with 1986. 

Age                        Year                    Gift
3                             1986                 A Teddy Ruxin
4                             1987                 Jungle Book the movie
5                             1988                 Sesame Street music box
6                             1989                 Big Wheel
7                             1990                 Connect Four
8                             1991                 An Electric Football Set
9                             1992                 G.I. Joes
10                           1993                 Etch-A-Sketch
11                           1994                 Hot Wheels
12                           1995                 Legos & Lincoln Logs
13                           1996                 Rubiks Cube
14                           1997                 Pogs
15                           1998                 Nintendo or Super Nintendo
16                           1999                 A car
17                           2000                 A nice car
18                           2001                 Clothes
19                           2002                 An X Box
20                           2003                 Car Speakers
21                           2004                 Nintendo DS
22                           2005                 iPhone
23                           2006                 X Box 360
24                           2007                 A house
25                           2008                 A Jeep, please!
26                           2009                 Playstation 3
27                           2010                 Our first child
                                                         p.s. I'm cool with waiting till March.

Thanks for your time Big Man.

Chris

***** 

I went to the Dr. Monday for my 26 week check up and the dreaded glucose test. 
I had let everyone psyche me out about how bad "the drink" was going to be.
Its nots bad at all... but I failed :)
Not by a lot, but by enough that I have to retake the test.

I'll do the retake on Friday.
It consists of more of "the drink",
sitting at the Dr.s office for 4 hours,
and having my blood drawn 2 more times. 
Yippee! 

Everything with the baby looks great. 
We are finally able to hear his heartbeat at home now with our little doppler. 
He is moving more and more, and for longer periods of time. 

I have insane heartburn that wakes me up from a dead sleep.
Some days I can control it... other days, not so well. 
I feel great, but have started to notice basic things are getting much harder for me to do...
like tying my shoes and getting up off the ground.

It is crazy to me that I only have 14 weeks left?!
That doesn't seem long at all...
less than 100 days in fact :)

2 comments:

NA said...

So awesome! I'm excited for you guys. Not that you have to retake that test though. And I laughed hysterically at Chris's letter to Santa. Funniest thing I've read all day.

Caytee said...

Oh Ivory! I am so excited for you. Carl was born in March and it was perfect. Holidays, birthdays (in my fam), and then he was here... and right after RSV season too. I love Chris' letter too! That is hilarious!