In honor of Sister Wives debuting on TLC,
I'd like to share a little story :)
Last week I went to Florida with the family that I have worked for, for over 5 years now.
The first few days we stayed at a really nice resort in Palm Beach.
The Mom, Dad, and I joked the whole time about being "one big family"
not knowing others weren't sure about our situation.
One night the dad was coming back up to our room in the elevator with the older boys.
Another man riding up with him said "So you must be from Utah?"
(What would I have said if he asked me since I am from Utah? I'm sure I would have laughed.)
I know there were lots of other nannies and babysitters with families that weekend too.
We must have been pegged as polygamist because of the 5 rowdy kids :)
I don't think 5 kids is a lot,
most of the world does I guess :)
Another side story...
Chris and I have a friend who also grew up in Utah and was raised Mormon.
He nicknamed me Sister Wife.
Soon, many others from this group of friends started to call me sister wife as well.
One night, I don't remember how exactly, we were explaining why he called me Sister Wife,
and another guy said "Oh! I thought he called you that cause you look like Chris' sister."
:)
The End.
1 comment:
Haha, love it! Thanks for sharing :) Is it bad that I get hooked to shows like that ALL the time?! Also, Teen Mom, 16 and Preg, Secret Life, Kardashians . . . stupid DVR!!!
Post a Comment