What a Labor Day weekend!
Friday at about 1 am I started having the weirdest stomach cramps I have ever felt. I still can't totally explain the exact feeling and the intense pain... but it was no good. I immediately knew something was not ok with my body, but didn't really feel like I needed to go to the hospital. Chris was on the other side of the house asleep. I knew he would freak out when he saw me laying on the bathroom floor crying so I tried to scream his name as calmly as I could.
After some convincing from him an my mom, I finally agreed to go to the ER. We got there about 1:40 am. We sat.... and waited till about 5:30 am when they finally had a room for me.
I got to experience a pelvic exam, cat scan, lots of blood work, and a couple different doctors and residents all in a few hours. By about 9:00 am they had come to the conclusion that I needed to have an appendectomy. Unfortunately for me, the surgeon had lots going on, and told me my surgery wouldn't be till much later in the evening.
Since I figured I would just be sitting in the ER for a few hours I sent Chris home to get a few things and take care of some stuff he needed to get done at work.
Surprise... my nurse came in about an hour and a half later to tell me she was getting my pre-op stuff ready?! I called Chris, he rushed back, but not quite in time to see me before I went back. No worries though, I was in good hands... No only was Dr. Wang awesome and so good to me, I also had two friends that have been in the hospital for the past two weeks with their brother that came down to pray with me.
Surgery was at about noon and I was in my room by 4:30 pm, and I was discharged at 4 the following afternoon.
I have never felt so helpless in my life. Everyone keeps telling me to take the time to relax and enjoy it, but that isn't really possible. There is too much to do, and I HATE sleeping on my back. It is driving me crazy.
Chris has been a great nurse. I am lucky to have him, especially with my family so far away. I am feeling much better, but I can't wait until I'll be able to stand up without taking it slow, bend down to pick something up, and sleep on my tummy!
There's the update in a minute.
3 comments:
Aw that sucks!!! I'm sorry! Glad you're doing good now. Annnnd can I just say I died at the pictures from the previous post. haha, loved em.
I'm sorry! I hate feeling helpless! Glad you are feeling better!
Ugh! No fun. I'm so sorry. THat is something you don't wish on ANYONE. Glad everything turned out ok though.
Post a Comment